Monday, March 15, 2010

Sinigang na Baboy



Hmmm, yummy! One of my favorites! I asked mom to teach me how to do this last Saturday. :)

Kitkat, here's your (and your hubby and kids') favorite dish! Is this the way you do it? ;)

Ingredients:

* 1 Kilo Pork (cut into chunk cubes)
* 12 pcs Tamarind (Sampaloc)
* 1 big Onion (diced)
* 6 big tomatoes (quartered)
* 2 pcs Radish (sliced)
* 1 bundle Sitaw Stringbeans (cut into 2" long)
* 1 bundle Kangkong (cut into 2" long)
* Salt and Patis to taste
* 6 cups water

Procedure:

1. Boil Tamarind to soften. Pound and strain all juices and set aside.
2. In a casserole, bring pork to a boil, lower fire and simmer until pork is tender.
3. Add onions, tomatoes and Tamarind juice.
4. Add in all the vegetables.
5. Season with salt and Patis to taste.
6. Serve hot.

It's really a nice feeling when being complimented that my cooking is improving :D Thanks Tin2! You're my favorite niece! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails